The following articles and book reviews from this issue are available online.
- Cancer As Metaphor by Rick Fields
- Earth's Natural Internet by Paul Stamets
- Enough with the Nature Already, Do You Know a Good Dentist? by Stephen J. Lyons
- It's Time for Me to Die by Michael B. Ross
- Rock Not Always a Hard Place by Lynn Margulis
- Salman Rushdie on Bombay, Rock N' Roll, and The Satanic Verses by Vijaya Nagarajan
- The Body Politic by George Lakoff
- Virtual Community by Howard Rheingold
- Virtual Reality by Jaron Lanier
- A Clearing In the Distance: Frederick Law Olmsted and America in the Nineteenth Century by Witold Rybczynski
- Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity by Bruce Bagemihl
- Investing with Your Values: Making Money and Making a Difference by Hal Brill, etal.
- King Leopold's Ghost: A Story of Greed, Terror, and Heroism in Colonial Africa by Adam Hochschild
- Ritual and Religion in the Making of Humanity by Roy A. Rappaport
- The Crisis of Global Capitalism: [Open Society Endangered] by George Soros
- The Historical Encyclopedia of World Slavery by Junius P. Rodriguez, ed.
- The Savage Garden: Cultivating Carnivorous Plants by Peter D’Amato
- The SimpleLife Guide to Tree-Free, Recycled and Certified Papers by Dan Imhoff
- Universal Health Care: What the United States Can Learn from the Canadian Experience by Pat and Hugh Armstrong and Claudia Fegan, M.D.
- We Wish to Inform You that Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families: Stories from Rwanda by Philip Gourevitch
- What is Life? by Lynn Margulis and Dorion Sagan
- October Sky by Joe Johnston